Buy.com Monthly Coupon

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Canadian jobs beckon Bangladeshi workers

PORIMOL PALMA

For the first time, Bangladesh is expecting to send workers to Canada, a lucrative job market that ensures high salaries and workers' rights at low service charges.

Bangladesh Overseas Employment and Services Limited (BOESL), a state-owned recruiting agency, has already prepared a draft contract with a Canadian outsourcing company that was attested by the Canadian High Commission in Dhaka recently.

Once the contract is approved, BOESL can start sending workers of various technical professions, including plumbers, truck drivers, electricians and welders, within the next few months, sources in the Ministry of Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment said.
A worker has to pay only 4,000 Canadian dollars or Taka 2 to 2.5 lakh (Can $ 1= Taka 58. 57) to get to Canada, while he can earn around Taka 1.5 to 2 lakh every month, a high official of the ministry pointed out while talking to The Daily Star.

"There are opportunities for the Bangladeshi workers to earn even more than that as they usually work after the scheduled working hours also," he added requesting not to be named.

The way the Canadian company approached Bangladesh shows that it has huge demands for technical professionals, he said adding, "We can earn huge remittance once we start sending workers as the salary is quite high over there. We can also train up our large number of unemployed youths to the standard preferred by the country."

The Canadian company, however, sets condition that BOESL has to bring back the workers at its own cost if they failed in medical tests or interviews conducted in the receiving country, which spells severe loss for the recruiting agency.

"We proposed that Canadian employers conduct the final interviews of workers and their medical tests in Bangladesh by the medical centres authorised by them instead of Canada," a BOESL official said adding that, in this way, there will be no case of workers' return.

"That is why we are now negotiating with the Canadian company," he said.

If necessary, BOESL, in association with the vocational training centres run by the Bureau of Manpower, Employment and Training (BMET), can provide further training to the aspirant workers required by the Canadian employers, the official said.

Though there is no official assessment on the actual condition of the labour market in Canada, it is learnt from various sources that Canada as well as other European countries are facing severe lack of workers from technical professions, he said.

According to a Canadian website 'Immigration Expert,' demand for more and more workforce is growing, fuelled by Alberta's red-hot oil economy and the construction booms in Ontario and British Columbia.

The lack of workers is made even worse by the fact that fewer Canadians than ever are joining the domestic labour force. The three provinces, the centre of Canada's economic engine, hope to use foreign workers to make up the shortage, according to the website. #

The article was first published in the Daily Star, January 28, 2007

7 comments:

  1. I am Rajaul karim from bangladehs i loking job in canada work is electrician 10 yer exparianch.i lick to chang my life.i need good life.my baby need good life.if aney companey halpe me is good for me.my email is www.rajaul1karim@yahoo.com phon.00966 563757894

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have firstly thanks for all Canadian people.Because a big plan and surprises of youth unemployed of Bangladeshi people.I am computer Hardware Engineer (Practical)in 7 years Experience.It's my Dreams work in Canada.
    Please call me.
    +8801191247374 OR +8801676368295.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have firstly thanks for all Canadian Gov.Because a big plan and surprises of youth unemployed of Bangladeshi people.I am B.Sc.(Engr.) in Computer Science & Engineering
    (Practical)in 7 years Experience.It's my Dreams work in Canada.

    I am MH Milon In Bangladeshay pepole. I am living now Athens,
    Greece.I am working in IT lavel and Shaping Comapnay All Asia Countary.
    I am expart Computer Hard-ware & Softawer and IT.I am workig Tures &
    Travels And Shaping Comapnay In Singapore & Malaysia & China,Thiland, Bangladesh etc..

    Personal Information:

    Name MEHEDI HASAN MILON

    Present Address Managing Director
    ATHENS BANGLA NEWS (IT).
    And
    SHAHJALAL TOURES AND TRAVELS
    Hade Office: Achornoun-116, (1st Floor),Attakie,
    Athens,Greece.
    Phone:0030-2103460815.
    E-mail: mm.athens@yahoo.com,
    Gmail id: athens2bd@gmail.com
    Skype: mhmilon1.
    Mobile: 0030- 6983421258, 6949917507.
    Date of Birth August 01, 1981.
    Marital Status Never Married.
    Nationality Bangladeshi.
    Education B.Sc(Hon’s) in Computer Science,
    National University,Bangladesh(2005).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am shafiqul islam from Bangladesh i looking job in canada work is electrician helper 05 yer experience.i like to change my life.i need good life.my baby need good life.if any company help me is good for me.my email is anowarpshafiqe@yahoo.com phone.008801823019434

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding comments under this post gets you a job!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am Aminur Rahman Syed. I am looking a job in CANADA. Now I am working in a sweater factory as a program organizer. I am working here more than six (06) years. I want to get a sweat-able job in CANADA as a textile or garment wear designer. Please help me to get a job in CANADA. my e-mail address- syed.syed.aminur@gmail.com or contact no - +8801611104971.

    THANKS

    ReplyDelete